Do You Need To Call Asda Mobile Customer Services?
Call Asda Mobile for anything to do with:
• Upgrading your handset
• Switching your tariff or payment plan
• Reporting a lost or stolen handset
• Query your latest bill
• Setting up direct debit payments with Asda Mobile
• Get a PAC code to keep your Asda Mobile phone number.
General Questions for the Asda Helpline
1. How do Asda Mobile bundles work?
• Asda Mobile bundles are add-ons for your pay-as-you-go SIM card that last for 30 days. You can choose from four different bundles that offer different amounts of included minutes, texts and data usage depending on your needs.
• You can add a data bundle of 500MB to any of the existing Asda Mobile bundles, as well as to your standard tariff. A new standard bundle cannot be added until your current bundle has expired, even if all of your minutes, texts and data on the bundle have been used up.
• To check the balance of your bundle, text BAL to 2732 from your Asda Mobile handset for an instant update.
2. How can I top up on Asda Mobile?
• There are a number of ways to top up on Asda Mobile. You can buy a top-up voucher at any Asda store; load a top-up card at an Asda store, or by registering your credit or debit card details with Asda Mobile.
• If your top-up voucher isn’t working, call the Asda Mobile contact number to speak to an adviser.
• You can register up to 4 bank cards on each Asda Mobile sim card and up to 2 sim cards per bank card. Register your bank card by speaking with an Asda Mobile adviser over the phone.
3. Can I keep my current number if I switch to Asda Mobile?
• To keep your current phone number when switching to Asda Mobile, you will need a Port Authorisation Code (PAC) from your current network provider, a new Asda Mobile SIM card and an Asda Mobile handset.
• Call 2732 from your new Asda Mobile SIM or the Asda helpline from a landline. You will be asked for your unique PAC code and the name of the network you’re moving from.
• Your number will likely be transferred within 2 working days. Remember that you cannot transfer any leftover credit from your old provider, and that your PAC code will expire after 30 days.
Information About Asda’s 30-Day Bundles
Asda has a number of 30-day deals for those who have a free Asda SIM card. These allow you to use certain services for 30 days depending on how much you pay. You can get them as recurring deals so you pay the same amount every 30 days until you opt out, or you can allow it to run out after 30 days and top it up when is suitable for you. Here are the price options and what each offers:
£5 – 100 minutes of calls, 2000 texts and 100mb of data.
£7 – 300 minutes of calls, unlimited texts and 500mb of data
£10 – 600 minutes of calls, unlimited texts and 1gb of data
£15 – 1000 minutes of calls, unlimited texts and 2gb of data
£20 – 2000 minutes, unlimited texts and 4gb of data
To get each bundle you simply text the number of the price you want to pay (5, 7, 10, etc.) to the number 2732. If you wish to get it as a recurring bundle, however, you text ‘auto’ followed by the number (auto 5, auto 7, auto 10, etc.).
There are also two data only deals available from Asda mobile:
£5 – 500mb of data – text data5 to 2732
£7.50 – 1gb of data – text data7.50 to 2732
Contact the Asda mobile customer service team if you are having any problems with these services.
Story of Asda Mobile
Asda Mobile is a mobile virtual network operator owned by Asda, one of the UK’s major supermarket chains. It operates a single tariff for better simplicity for customers, and customers have a choice of five bundles that they can add to this tariff for flexibility.
There is a number of handsets available on Asda Mobile, and customers can purchase in-store or online via Asda Direct. They can also use their current handset if they wish and keep their old phone number by a PAC code from their old provider.
Asda Mobile’s network is run by network operator EE, which is owned by T-Mobile and Orange.
Alternative methods for contacting Asda
You can contact Asda at their head office postal address: Asda head office, Southbank, Great Wilson Street, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS11 5AD